Sunday, August 4, 2013

No Hablo Espanol

One of the main things I have focused on in my mission preparation is practicing Spanish.  A couple weeks ago, I asked a friend who is on his mission for mission prep tips.  He told me to PRACTICE SPANISH! As a missionary, it doesn't matter how well you know the Gospel if you don't have the ability to teach it.

I want to be the best possible missionary, so everyday I listen to at least three Spanish podcasts, which have helped my Spanish take leaps and bounds.  This past week, I flew to and from Utah, and while i was flying i spent the whole time listening to Spanish podcasts.  I was pretty proud of myself.  :)  Also, sometimes when I am volunteering at the hospital, and I don't have a lot to think about, I'll try to only think in Spanish, and translate what others say into Spanish in my head.  My friend told me to think of everything that I want to say in Spanish, before I say it in English when I am having a conversation. I am not quite to that point yet..everyone would be wondering why it always takes me at least two minutes to respond..but I'm working on it.

Even though I have struggled with Spanish in the past, I have faith that Heavenly Father can turn my weaknesses into strengths and bless me with the gift of tongues.

No comments:

Post a Comment