Saturday, August 10, 2013

Phillip

This is Phillip. He is my first missionary companion. And he is adorable.
For my 18th birthday, Libby promised to take me to Build a Bear because I was an eighteen-year-old who had never been to Build a Bear. How pathetic is that?  Phillip came over a year and a half late, but he was worth the wait. While we were in Utah, Lib and I hit up Build a Bear and guess what...They have missionary bears! Phillip's outfit is the whole shebang with dress socks, shoes, missionary tag, tie, and Book of Mormon. My life is complete.

I chose the softest, most cuddly bear they had. Then I got to choose Phillip's heart, make a wish on it, rub it on my nose for good luck, and kiss it. I filled him with stuffing until he was just the right amount of huggable. Lib and I chose all of his clothes, got him dressed, made his birth certificate, and decided on his name. The name Phillip was Libby's idea, and it is perfect. Phillip is perfect and I have the best little sister in the world.  Now when I am in Peru and I need a hug from my little sister, I will hug Phillip, and it will be like getting a hug from her across eleven countries and two oceans.  




1 comment: